You are Here: Home > Examination Preparation > PLAB

PLAB - British

Introduction of PLAB:

PLAB is also known as Professional and Linguistic assessments Board Test (PLAB) .
The PLAB test is relevant for international medical graduates. Those who wish to take up a period of limited registration (which you can do only if you are in supervised employment) and who need evidence that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the UK. The PLAB test is designed to test ones ability to work safely in a first appointment as a senior house officer in a UK hospital in the National Health Service (NHS).

Should you be taking the PLAB test?

Passing the PLAB test is one of the ways in which an individual can satisfy the General Medical Council (GMC) that they have the knowledge and skills which are necessary to practice medicine in the UK.
The General Medical Council must assure itself that the particular individual should have suitable qualifications and abilities before it could grant an individual limited registration. Limited registration will allow the individual to practice in the UK in supervised employment in the National Health Service. For further information the following website can be contacted

Qualifications required for PLAB ?

A primary medical qualification (PMQ) for limited registration. Please check the GMC website to see if your qualification is acceptable.

Allowed qualifications are those listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools published by the World Health Organization. (All MCI recognized colleges in India are in general acceptable.) delivery/med_schools.

Relevant scores in the IELTS test (academic module): a minimum of 7 as an overall score and in the speaking section, and 6 in each of the other sections

Medical Universities China offer Medical programs in English

Universities China offer Engineering programs in English

Qingdao Technological University Harbin Engineering University Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA) Shandong Science & Technological University South China University of Technology Changsha University of Science & Technological

Schools in China offer Businees programs in English

Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics(NUAA) South China University of Technology

Colleges in China offer Chinese Language program

Anhui University

Useful links