You are Here: Home > Universities, Colleges, Schools > Engineering Universities China > Harbin Engineering University > FAQ

FAQ ( Frequently Asked Question )

1. I really want to study at your college, but I can’t speak Chinese, can I be instructed in English?

The program is fully English medium program.

2. How is the living standard in Harbin city? What about the canteen in the college?

The living expense here is relatively reasonable, for example, about 70 USD for your food per month. There are 5 canteens in the college; you can choose any one as per your taste.

3. Location of college and How can I arrive in Harbin City ?

The recommended flight is transit from Shanghai to Harbin( around 2.5 hours), or transit from Beijing to Harbin ( around 2 hours), or transit from Guangzhou to Harbin ( around 4.5 hours), or transit from Hongkong to Harbin ( around 5 hours) . Students can choose the travel route according to their location.

faq harbin engineering university

4. Can you send a vehicle to take us from the Local airport to the college?

Sure, we can provide free Airport pick up service for the students in group from local airport- Harbin Airport to campus. But students should send departure detailed schedule to our college’s representative minimum 3 days in advance so that we can pick up without any delay.

5. How can I exchange some Chinese currency for my pocket money when I just arrived in China ?

Students can exchange some Chinese currency in bank for shuttle/bus ticket fare and pocket money in Airport when they arrive in China . And students can buy telephone card from business counter in Airport to give international call and domestic call if students need.

6. How are the transportation, telecom and internet in Harbin City ?

Transportation: there are an airport, train station, bus to many cities in China . There are convenient public facilities for telecom and internet, you can buy telecom card to call in any time and there are lots of internet pub for going on internet

7. How is the climate in Harbin City ?

Harbin is a beautiful city; It has an average annual temperature of 12℃

8. How is the China Engineering Education in world?

China is today the largest producer of engineering graduates in the world.

9. Can a student open a Bank Account?

Yes, a student could open a bank account in his name to keep his surplus money safe. He could also use this account to have his family remit any additional money as required.

10. Is learning Chinese Language compulsory?

Even though the entire course is taught in English, one has to learn Chinese language and culture according to China Ministry of Education policy for degree program study in China, and also it is very important for general communication, because you need it in your period of practical experience and training after second year and for your own convenience.

11. How is the Holiday schedule?

Saturday and Sunday every week.
May 1st: International Labor Day -----7 Days
Summer Holidays: Two months in July/August
October 1st: Independence Day ----- 7 Days
Winter Holidays and Spring Festival: One month in February

12. What is the voltage used in China?

A: The voltage here is 220. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.